UPDATE: April 3, 2020
Now Offering Telemedicine
The team at Longview Animal Hospital is working hard to help you care for your pet during these uncertain times. We understand you may find yourself in a situation where your pet needs care and you are unable to leave the house. We are pleased to share that due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, the restrictions normally in place for Telemedicine have been temporarily removed. What that means for you is that we can see your pet virtually without you having to leave your home. We can share pictures, talk via FaceTime, etc. to get you the care your fur baby needs. Call us at 903-758-2082 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
UPDATE: March 27, 2020
Important Update Regarding COVID-19
Greetings to our Longview Animal Hospital Family. Our prayer is that your family is staying well and not going stir crazy. We are launching a couple of changes as we work to continue providing service to you and your fur babies as well as caring for our own families.
NEW HOURS UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
(effective Monday, March 30):
MONDAY – Friday 8 am – 5 pm
First Saturday of Month from 8 am to noon
Note: during the week, we will not close for lunch so you may pick up medications or food items at any time during that window we’re open and of course we’ll be providing our usual services while we’re open. We have continued our implementation of social distancing and our expanded sanitation protocols to maintain a super clean environment for our clients.
PET FOOD CAN BE ORDERED ONLINE AND SHIPPED TO YOUR HOME (effective Monday, March 30)
If you are a regular of our Hills Science Diet or Prescription Diet foods, we are happy to set you up for our new Hills-to-Home program. Shipping is free. They are offering 30% off your first purchase when you set up auto-ship and 5% with each order thereafter. Set up is simple. Just give our team a call and we’ll get you set up. Product arrives within 2-3 business days from the day you order.
VET SOURCE ONLINE PHARMACY through LONGVIEW ANIMAL HOSPITAL
Purchase your medication refills from home and have them shipped to you! Orders over $49 and all auto-ship products ship FREE. To access our online pharmacy, simply visit www.LongviewAnimalHospital.com and choose ONLINE PHARMACY from the drop down menu (under SERVICES). Purchase your products knowing they are coming to you with manufacturer’s guarantees. If you have any questions or need additional information please reach out to our team at 903-758-2082.
These are just a few of the additional measures we have in place to help our clients stay safe while still caring for your furry loved ones. Remember to support your favorite local businesses, as much as possible during this difficult time. We appreciate each one of you!
UPDATE: March 19, 2020
Longview Animal Hospital is updating our precautionary measures in response to ever changing COVID-19 Corona Virus developments. In an effort to minimize risk, we are focusing on limited social interaction as recommended by the CDC. Please see the below:
1) Clients Arriving for Appointments – Please CALL, don’t come straight in
Please call us from your vehicle when you arrive. We will check you in and once your exam room is available, a vet technician will come to your vehicle to escort you into the building. If you prefer to remain in your vehicle, please let us know and we’ll bring your pet into the practice for their services and return them to you once completed.
2) Clients filling Prescriptions and Picking Up Pet Food – Curbside Pickup
If possible, please call ahead with your refill request. We will collect your payment over the phone, if possible. Then, call us when you arrive and we’ll bring your item(s) along with a receipt to your vehicle.
3) Drop Your Pet Off with Us for Services
Simply call for an appointment as a ‘Drop Off’. We’ll have you bring your pet during a certain window of time in the morning for drop off and will contact you when your fur baby is ready to be picked up. We’ll collect payment over the phone, if possible. Please remember to stay in your vehicle at both drop off and pick up and call us to let us know you’ve arrived.
And as a reminder,
- If you are having any symptoms of illness, please give us a call to reschedule your appointment.
- We are continuing to implement our expanded sanitation protocols and asking that staff and clients wash their hands frequently (for at least 20 seconds) and maintain 6’ social distancing when possible.
- We are currently still open normal business hours. If we have a shortage of available staff members and are forced to modify our hours of operation, we will let clients know via our Facebook page, web site and an email blast.
We appreciate everyone’s cooperation, patience, and understanding during these uncertain times. We will continue to do everything within our power to keep our clients and staff safe and continue to serve your furry loved one’s needs.
Longview Animal Hospital
March 16, 2020
1) We are still open for normal business hours and are committed to the safety of our clients, patients and staff. Longview, and the surrounding area, has not seen levels of infection that warrant closing at this time. As a precaution, however, we have expanded our stringent sanitation protocols to include even more frequent anti-viral/anti-bacterial sanitizing of all areas of our hospital, especially where clients and patients frequent.
2) We are asking that anyone who is feeling ill (including our staff) to please stay home to get well in order to avoid spreading illness to others. We also want to offer a wait-in-the-car option for clients who prefer to limit personal interactions. When you arrive at the hospital, please call and let us know you’ve arrived. We’ll get you checked in and will come get you when we are ready for your appointment.
3) COVID-19 is believed to not be a threat to your pets. We routinely vaccinate dogs against certain canine strains of Corona Virus, based upon risk. However, this strain (COVID-19), according to the World Health Organization, has no reported cases of being transmitted to domestic animals.
We appreciate your continued confidence in our team to care for your furry loved one(s). As new developments emerge during this scare, we will surely keep you updated if anything changes in our availability.