The history of veterinary medicine in Longview, Texas starts with Longview Animal Hospital. Longview’s only vet clinic that qualifies as a historic practice, this animal clinic has been in its current location for more than 60 years.
After graduation from veterinary school in 1949, Dr. Alec Sears founded Longview Veterinary Hospital. He sold the practice soon thereafter to veterinarian Dr. Jack Clayton, who hired Dr. Bob Terrell in 1954. After becoming sole owner, Dr. Terrell practiced medicine here for over 41 years and is truly a community treasure. He sold the practice to Dr. Christina Odom in 1994 and retired shortly thereafter. Dr. Odom stayed for 17 years before closing the doors temporarily on November 24, 2011.
She sold the practice on December 15th to its current owner, Dr. Brian Foye, who remodeled the animal clinic, changed the name slightly to Longview Animal Hospital, updated the equipment and re-opened it on January 3, 2012. We look forward to seeing what the next 60 years has in store for this historic practice!
Our service area includes Hallsville, Tatum, Lakeport, Henderson and Kilgore in the Lake Cherokee area.