Brownie Bites’ Apple Oatmeal Homemade Dog Biscuits
Baking for others is a rewarding and inclusive activity. Why not surprise your loving and loyal dog like you do your friendly neighbor, or even your neighbor’s own excitable dog, and pass on some baked treats? And why not sweeten the pot by making it healthy for your dog? The following recipe for Homemade Apple Oatmeal Dog Biscuits was found on Brownie Bites’ blog: http://www.browniebites.net/apple-oatmeal-homemade-dog-biscuits/
- Preheat oven to 350⁰ Fahrenheit.
- Lightly grease a cookie sheet.
- Mash together in a bowl 1 cup of shredded carrots and 1 ripe banana.
- Stir in ¼ cup of unsweetened applesauce and ⅛ cup of water.
- Fold in 1 cup of oats.
- Gradually add 1 ½ cups of whole wheat flour until dough is formed.
- On a surface sprinkled with flour, roll out the dough until it is about ½ inch thick, and use a cookie cutter of any size to make the cookies, keeping in mind the size of your dog. The batch will be small.
- Place the cookies on the sheet and bake for 25 minutes. After baking, leave the treats in the oven for 2 hours to make them chewy, or for 3 hours to make them crunchy, to your dog’s liking. This practice also keeps them from going stale too quickly.
Happy baking and treating!